I finished something! Hurrah!
Actually, I finished knitting this aaaages ago, but was too lazy to sew it up. Even though I knit it in the round so the only seaming I had to do was the sewing in the set-in sleeves. But still it went undone for weeks. Yup, I’m just that lazy.
Anyway, the specs:
Pattern: Salina [Ravelry link here] from Rowan Vintage Style
Yarn: Rowanspun DK in “Catkin”
Needles: 4 mm
Mods: So very, very many. I can’t even remember the details. Most obvious one was knitting the body and sleeves in the round so as to minimize the seaming anguish. Also I got a completely different gauge because I didn’t use the recommended yarn, so I had to re-work all the stitch counts to fit this. Pain in the ass. But it fits! I made the body and sleeves longer too, just ’cause.
Sadly, I made the sleeves far too long, because of my deeply ingrained monkey complex (years of having most of the coats you try on be too short in the sleeve will likely lead you to over-estimate your arm length. This may make for problematic knitting).
But obviously I’m not going to let a little extra sleeve length get in the way of my “I-finished-something-and-it-fits-me-and-I-even-just-might-wear-it” joy.
And a parting shot, ’cause I got a little trigger-happy with the camera and appear to have no decision-making capabilities whatsoever so everything gets included: